In 1987, few municipalities had legally established programs that featured the notion of inclusion for commodity purchases or construction projects. In that same year, the North Carolina Minority and Women Business Enterprise Coordinators’ Network (NC M/WBE Coordinators’ Network) was established with seven members as a “think tank” to share strategies and ideas on administering minority business programs.
Over the past twenty years, the members of the NC M/WBE Coordinators’ Network have been committed to ensuring that all segments of the community have an equitable opportunity to participate in professional service contracts, procurement contracts, and construction projects in both public and private sectors.
Today, the Network has increased its membership to more than 100 participants from state agencies, universities, community colleges, municipalities, and private organizations throughout North Carolina.
- Professional development seminars and training
- Periodical updates on relevant legislation and industry changes
- Annual Educational and Networking Retreat
- Marketing opportunities for your agency, corporation or business
- Access to business resources
- Usage of the organization's interactive website
- Peer Networking and Mentoring Sessions